Saturday, December 5, 2009

Grrr, argh, and proof that I have no sense.

Okay, so first the grrr, argh part of things. You see, my birthday is coming up on Tuesday, and I want to treat myself to... something. The problem is, I can't decide on what to get. Unless it's a super yummy scrumptious yarn I absolutely cannot get at Spin a Yarn, yarn isn't going to cut it. (And since I work in trade for yarn there, really, what's the point? Besides, the only thing really tempting me at this point is the Coral Reef Sampler at KnitPicks.) I thought about a pattern book, but same problem, and I never seem to use my vastly growing collection anyhow. Tee shirts are cool, but I couldn't find one that really screamed "BUY ME!" anywhere. So, I'm at a loss as to what I want. I hate being so danged indecisive.

And why do I have no sense? Because I agreed to knit this:

Yes. Knitted candy underwear. Nancy asked me to knit this for her to give to a friend as a gag gift for a bridal shower. It didn't take a lot of time, but man... Let's put it this way. Nancy asked me what she owed me for knitting it, and I said "Never ask me to knit with candy again and we’re square." Red Laces are no substitute for good yarn. (If you'd like to make this thong for yourself for some unknown reason, you can find it here at knitty.com.)

2 comments:

Got something to say? Go ahead and say it! :D