Tuesday, February 17, 2009

New looks and a free sort of pattern.

The blog got a makeover, and this is the happiest I've been with the look of the thing since I started it. I think this may be permanent. :)

And, for your viewing/crocheting pleasure, I give you...


The Six-Round Skull Cap
Materials:
One skein Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick 'N' Quick super bulky yarn
N/P(10mm) hook, or whatever hook you need to work wish such big yarn
Smaller hook to weave/tuck in ends

Ch 5, join to form ring
Round 1- Ch 1, 10 sc in ring, join with sl st to first sc (10 sc)
Round 2- Ch 3, dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each sc around, join with sl st to top of beg ch3 (20 dc)
Round 3- Ch 4, tr in same st as joining, tr in next dc, *2 tr in next dc, tr in next dc* Repeat from * to * around, join with sl st to top of beg ch4 (30 tr)
Round 4- Ch 4, tr in same st as joining, tr in next 2 tr, *2 tr in next tr, tr in next 2 tr* Repeat from * to * around, join with sl st to top of beg ch4 (40 tr)
Round 5 + 6- Ch 4, tr in next st and in each st around, join with sl st to top of beg ch4
Fasten off, weave/tuck in ends

And you end up with...


Like I said, simple enough a braindead monkey could've come up with it, but I'm posting it for folks who'd like a quick, simple hat pattern easy enough for someone who just picked up their first hook. Yay, go me. :D

4 comments:

  1. Cool pattern. And I like the design of your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks great !! I love all of the cutest blog on the blog layouts, they are all so pretty. Thanks for the hat pattern I will have to try this when I get some thick yarn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, easy pattern! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy and quick hat! And a kind of love that you are pro Palestine.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Go ahead and say it! :D