Thursday, April 9, 2009

Holy crap!

I actually knitted something. Crazy, huh? But, I started and finished a knit fingerless glove, with cables no less, and I've started the second one. Mind you, I still love my hooks best, but I may just be getting the hang of these sticks.

Speaking of getting the hang of things, I'm sort of getting the hang of spinning, too. The corn fiber I bought to spin up and ply with my merino isn't cooperating as nicely as the merino did, but I shall conquer it.

Oh, and I promised to show you my rockin' PVC niddy-noddy. Here it is.


And, here's the merino blend with a penny for size reference.


I don't know if I'm getting the hang of it, or if that was sheer luck. But, let's hope I can figure out how to make the corn behave as well. (And, man, it smells SO good! Like Karo light syrup or candy. Yummy!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey way to go with the spinning and the knitting too I guess.. lol Needles scare me !
    I would like to see your fingerless gloves are u gonna post pics??

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on the super cool niddy noddy.
    gotta love pvc pipes- so much potential.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Go ahead and say it! :D