Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I must be crazy.

Even though I'm happily working on my new top, I felt the need to start making a hat for my husband and hopefully finishing said hat (and maybe said top) before he gets home next week. He should feel special. I'm making it out of my only wool (and also most expensive) yarn, my Jojobrand. He'd better love me for it. :D
So far, the top is working up well. I've fallen in love with Caron SimplySoft Eco (this is my first time using any Caron yarn), and I can't help stopping every five minutes just to pet it. I know, I'm weird.
I've also got a small (10 or 20 yards) sample of handdyed sock yarn from Knit Fit Knitting to wait on in the mail. They're from the foothills of my beloved state, but I haven't got a clue where. Still, it'll be buying local if I buy some of their yarn (and it's so pretty, it's hard to resist). Oddly enough, it's also kind of buying local with Caron, as they're a North Carolina company, too. (Other end of the state completely, but still.)
Dang. I'm all yarn-y tonight. And, I'm already planning on getting more Caron tomorrow from Wal-Mart... may end up sneaking over to the LYS, too, just to pet the stock. :D

1 comment:

  1. I love love love love love the Eco Soft! I got 3 pairs of wrist warmers out of 1 skein of it for X-mas, with some to spare! It is super soft, too.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Go ahead and say it! :D