Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Sweetie Pie top, take one

So, today I've started working on the Sweetie Pie Cami designed by Angela of Lavonne's Knot Just Knits, and I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew comfortably. Still, I've been looking for a crochet challenge and I think I may have found it.

I've also finished two squares now for the 2009 Block-A-Month Crochetalong over on Ravelry, and I'm pretty pleased with them both. They need blocking, and the first one is going to have to stretch a little bit to be 12", but I think I did all right.


Chris Simon's Mandala Square (pattern is here


Chris Simon's Esther Square (pattern is here.

Both of these were done in Red Heart Super Saver (the first is in Williamsburg Print multi, the second is Dark Orchid solid), and done with a J hook as I crochet much tighter than Ms. Simon. I like how they look, and intend to make them again in different colors to make my finished BAMCAL2009 afghan into a bedspread at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Go ahead and say it! :D