Thanks to an incredibly lucky find in a destash style swap box, I have indeed been bitten by the sock bug.
Two, count 'em two, full skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock, in Flamingo Stripe...
Just begged to be turned into my very first pair of foot coverings. How could I resist?
I just started them tonight, and already I'm loving them. The yarn is striping so nicely (but will probably end up pooling later...don't care though ;) ), and I'm really liking the simple pattern I found (which you can get to here). We'll see what happens, but so far so good. (And that may mean Haytham gets a pair of brick red socks made with the Berocco Ultra Alpaca Fine I got a few days ago.)
I also finished another BAMCAL block tonight.
Sorry for the crudtastic picture, but that's the best I could manage tonight. It's a lot prettier in person, I swear. Done in RHSS Dark Orchid and Soft White (mostly because I'm trying to use up the last of the purple), and even though the flower is bulky as all get out, I like it. :)
Now, I'm going back to my SIP (socks in progress).